Montag 3 August 2015
You can do a lot with coconuts! Put a straw in it and you will drink fresh coconut milk. Blend it with some rum and pineapple juice and you get delicious piña colada. And yes, you can also make great creamy cupcakes. Go crazy!
What do you need for 20 big cupcakes?
What do you need?
- 90g butter, softened
- 300g caster sugar
- 100ml oil
- 2 large eggs
- 300g patent flour
- 10g baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 250ml coconut milk
- 250g butter, softened
- 2 table spoons of grated coconut
- 500g icing sugar
- 4 table spoons coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ gas 4.
- Put the butter, sugar, oil and eggs into a bowl and beat until it’s creamy.
- Sieve the patent flour with the baking powder and salt and add it to the mixture.
- Add the coconut milk to it and whisk it at least 5 minutes until a homogeneous mass.
- Fill the cupcakes molds for two-thirds and place them for 20 minutes in the middle of the pre-heated oven. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let them cool down.
- Put the butter, grated coconut and icing sugar into a bowl and whisk it until a homogeneous mass.
- Add carefully the coconut milk and whisk it.
- Fill the pastry bag with the frosting and decorate the cooled cupcakes.
- Use as garnish some self roasted coconut.